Today, I’ve been working on my laundry room. Boy, is it more work than I planned on!! I can’t wait to reveal it to you all very soon!! I took a break from all of the paint work, to make my kids some homemade Gourmet Marshmallows. I call them “gourmet”, because they are so pretty and they Melt in your Mouth!! If you’ve never made them, you will be pleasantly surprised how easy they are to make, and the results are unlike any Marshmallow at the grocery stores.
I made both Chocolate and White Marshmallows. They will go wonderfully with a cup of Hot Chocolate.
They look like Fluffy White Clouds, don’t they?
The Chocloate ones, are dusted with a combination of Cocoa & Powdered Sugar.
They’re so lovely, you’ll want to set them out on a pretty platter, and what the heck- bring out your silver too!!
Here’s my Recipe: Try it-I Promise- you and your Family will LOVE THEM!!
1/4 Cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup cornstarch
vegetable oil spray ( for pan)
2 ( 1/4 oz) envelopes unflavored gelatin
1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
2/3 cup light corn syrup
1. In a small bowl, mix powdered sugar & cornstarch; set aside. Line 8×8 pan with parchment paper, then spray with vegetable oil. Sprinkle a couple of Tablespoons of the powdered sugar & cornstarch mixture over the parchment paper. This will keep Marshmallows from sticking.
2. Place gelatin, and 1/2 cup of water in a mixing bowl, or Kitchen Aid. Set aside
3. In a medium pot, combine granulated sugar, cornsyrup, and 1/2 cup water; bring to boil over high heat. Continue cooking until mixture reaches 245 F, appx 10 minutes.
4. Place hot mixture into the Kitchen Aid or mixing bowl, combining with the gelatin mixture. Mix on low until combined, then raise mixer speed to High until the mixture is very white, creamy, and doubled in volume. Appx 12-15 minutes.
5. Pour batter into prepared pan. Using damp fingers, smooth top. Sprinkle with remaining powdered sugar over the top. Allow to rest uncovered in a cool dry place for 4 hours, or overnight.
6. Invert marshmallow onto dry surface and peel off parchment paper. Dust remaining powdered sugar on top ; dip your knife into powdered sugar, and cut into 16 even large marsmallows.
Cocoa Marshmallows- Add 1/4 Cup Cocoa to the gelatin and water mixture, before adding the Hot Marshmallow Mixture. Dust with a combination of powdered sugar and cocoa mixture before serving.